TCF DAP for the University
If you want to register for the premier cycle or first stage of undergraduate studies (green or white form) or for a school of architecture (yellow form) in France and you do not have the DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française, or advanced diploma in French language), you must take the specific TCF (Test de Connaissance du Français, or French competency test) called the “TCF pour la DAP” or TCF for DAP (Demande d’Admission Préalable, or preliminary admission application).
If I want to register for the premier cycle (first stage of an undergraduate course) or for a school of architecture, do I have to take the TCF for DAP?
Yes, you do have to take the TCF for DAP. There are, however, certain exceptions.
If I want to register for the deuxième cycle (second stage of an undergraduate course), for the troisième cycle (postgraduate course), a business school or a Grande Ecole, do I have to take the TCF for DAP?
You do not have to take the TCF for DAP, but will in all likelihood have to take the TCF. If you do not have the DELF level B2 or the DALF level C1 or C2, we strongly advise that you contact the French higher education institution that you want to register with, as soon as possible.
Could I be exempt from taking the TCF for DAP?
There are a number of possibilities. You are exempt from taking the TCF for DAP if:
- you have passed the DALF level C1 or C2 (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française, or advanced diploma in French language), have a French baccalaureate (awarded by the French Ministry of Education), or have taken bilingual courses in French that are included in the list drawn up by the French Ministry of Education in conjunction with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- you are a national of a country that is officially French-speaking: Benin, Burkina Faso, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Guinea-Conakry, Ivory Coast, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Togo.
- you are a national of a member state of the European Economic Area, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway.
How long does the TCF for DAP last, and what does the test include?
The TCF for DAP lasts a total of 3 hours.
- a listening comprehension examination: 30 questions
- a language structures examination (grammar and vocabulary): 20 questions
- a reading comprehension examination: 30 questions
Duration of these three examinations: 1 hour 30 minutes
- a writing examination (in two parts: a 250-word commentary on data and a 400-word discussion) Duration of examination: 1 hour 30 minutes
It takes place the 26/05/2014
Dead line registration : 28/03/2014
On site registrations and modalities will be given. Do not forget an identity document and a photo.
The fees for the inscription for the program TCF DAP, preparation and registration are 183€
To get more information, do not hesitate to contact us.