French Academic Semester Program
French Academic term program
This programme is designed for young aupairs, students, and people who wish to have intensive training in order to improve their French, and feel confident in the language.
- We kindly ask you to complete our online test when you sign up in order to establish your level and thereby selecting the correct group for you
- We use action oriented methods with various visual and audio imputs to help you acquire oral fluency.
- Unlimited access for 3 months to our platform this allows you to practise using tablet, your computer or your phone at any time. This interface offers 16 languages to help your French language development. There are various fun activities and modules designed for pratising both written and oral articulation.
- You will receive training from your teacher on how to use this platform weekly follow up with personnalised training to assist you French language development and personnalised exercises by your teacher to help to improve.
Spring term from 14/01/2018 to 24/05/2018
Summer term from 03/06/2018 to 12/09/2018
Winter term from 02/09/2018 to 10/01/2020
|Terms 2018/2020||4 week intensive French course(=60h) from monday to friday from 9.00 to 12.00||15 week extensive French course (=40h) every tuesday and thursday from 1pm to 3pm||Number of weeks||Exam date for the TCF|
|Spring||from 14/01/2018 to 08/02/2018||from 12/02/2018 to 24/05/2018||19||24/05/2018|
|Summer||from 03/06/2018 to 28/06/2018||from 02/07/2018 to 12/09/2018||15||12/09/2018|
|Winter||from 02/09/2018 to 27/09/2018||from 30/09/2018 to 10/01/2020||19||10/01/2018|
Upon your arrival you will be given a welcome folder compresing :
- your timetable
- Useful informations about Perpignan and the region
- Your WIFI access unlimited on the premises
- Your ALFMED student card to receive discounts (e.g museums, transports)
The first day you will have an individual oral interview with the trainer. You will have free access to the kitchen (free tea or coffee) and the alfmed garden
Troughout the term, you will receive facebook and instagram information about all the events which take place at ALFMED and around the region.
Your cultural immersion
5 culutural excursions with your class, into the town of Perpignan and its surroundings. This is a great way to exchange ideas, to practice and develop your French abilities!
2 cinema club workshop
Welcome drinks at the begining of the term and graduation ceremony at the end of the term.
Your linguistic evaluation
We will prepare you for the TCF TP diploma at ALFMED issued by the CIEP Paris, conformed to the CEFRL (Common European Framwork for language) which is recognized worldwide.
Valid diploma for registration to French Universities certificate showing achievment level issued by Alfmed according to CEFRL.
In our programme we include 4 hours for mock preparation and 4 hours taking exam is on our premises.
We suggest accomodation within ALFMED buildings (CHARGES accomodation apply)
We can help you with your visa application and to provide you with a prouth of registration at registration.
Total cost of spring term = 1150€
Cost for winter and spring term = 2300€
Total cost for summer term = 1050€
Total cost winter term = 1150€
Each term payable in full. Register at ALFMED or by phone with Magali Hérard.
The TCF exam is included in the price.
The student health insurance costs 217€ for an academic year.
School holidays :
2 weeks in October (All saints Day)
3 weeks in December (Christams)
1 week in February
2 weeks in April (easter)
|Student card is issued upon arrival. The training certificate attesting of the French level attained issued at the end of the course.|