Lodging Quality Chart
The choice and the follow up of the accommodations are put in place directly by ALFMED. Florence Delseny Sobra is in charge and is assisted by Tracey Harding, to enable ALFMED to give its students full satisfaction.
The accommodation park:
- 3 Students residences owned directly or indirectly by the managers of ALFMED
- We have chosen various studios and apartments, owned by independent landlords, all of them have to reply to the same standards.
- Host families: they must abide to specific criterias such as:
- separate bedrooms
- shared bathroom (with other children)
- if the student is under age,
i. Children in the family of the same age if possible
ii. At least breakfast and dinner should be taken with the family
General criterions concerning the choice of the apartments and residences:
- Furnished and non smoking accommodation with:
- equipped kitchen (household appliances, cupboards, dishes and utensils)
- a bathroom
- a television, an iron and ironing board
- internet connection: WIFI or cable according to the accommodation
- single rooms, double with a double bed or 2 single beds, triple if there is enough room.
- rooms should have a desk, a chair and a wardrobe
- Situated within a 20minn walk from the city centre, in a quiet and secure area, with a laundry and shops nearby
- A set of keys per student, free and private access.
- Mattresses, under sheets, sheets, blankets and pillows should be clean and in good condition.
- Housework and beds are done before the students arrive.
- Premises in a very good state, heating and hot water are functional.
- It should be possible to wash down a bicycle in the commons.
The state of the independent accommodations is checked before the students arrival, or as they settle in. The long term relationship that we have with the landlords enables us to have a good standard and a good understanding between us.
The common rooms of the 3 residences “De Gaulle”, “Venise” and “Mathurin” are cleaned every week.
Giving out the accommodation:
Depending on the request when the students enrol for a course with Tracey Harding, the accommodation is given out. The application form offers different choices: double room, single room, apartment or host family. The student then decides on the sort of accommodation he/she would like according to their budget.
A planning has been set up to ensure that all students are placed accordingly to their age, sex and nationality.